What You'll Do
This is a big job and you run the show!
- Work as part of the Management Team at reach52 to deliver our mission, vision, and strategy –you’ll get experience on a global stage across 5countries and counting, with some of the biggest organisations in the world!
- Manage, grow, and engage our Engineering team across Philippines and India, as well as outsourced development partners, to deliver requirements and write beautiful code (10 Engineers and growing!)
- Build our super app and platform that users will love! Lead the architecture and design of our tech product(version 2.0 of our current app) including selecting the best fit technology platforms, data and system architecture that fits the company’s midterm needs–scalable, stable, but still fantastic!
- Ensure robust quality assurance and ensure our product is rigorously tested and meets specification –if it breaks, fix it fast
- Be a teambuilder: Lead by example, inspire the team, be respected for technical capability
- Continuously improve and drive best practices around software engineering, code writing, and lead the resilience and scalability of solutions
- Create overall technology standards and practices and ensure we actually do them, not just write them down
- Track, analyse and monitor technology performance metrics–and also get involved with our data pipe and visualisation too...
- Step in to supporting DevOps, bug triaging, quality assurance and testing wherever needed–you’ll probably have the best and worst job in the team, we are a start-up after all!
Who You Are
We’re reasonably sure you should have a profile like this, but we can flex sometimes:
- 10 years of industry experience with 5+ years of experience leading engineering teams –we’re not super fussy, but we need someone with a good level of experience!
- Deep knowledge of architecture and design–we want scalable, micro-services for an offline-first environment!
- Knowledge of health/ digital health is strongly preferred –or knowledge of insurance/fintech, or supply chain management–it’s a bit hard to learn, so HL7/FHIR/SNOMED should mean something to you!
- Hands on experience with complex project management, comfortably with Agile and Scrum-based working!
- Outstanding communication, interpersonal and leadership skills–you’ll need to talk to a lot of people, not just code... sorry
- Excellent organisational and time-management skills–we want to get big, so prioritising is key and there will probably be some politics and fights along the way too
- Proactive problem solver with deep attention to detail–catch the bugs and fix them if you don’t!
- Strong grasp of full stack networking, scalable back-end, and all genres of platforms such as:
- Cloud platforms
- Kotlin / node.JS / ReactJS / AngularJS
- SQL and NoSQL databases and replication
- Commercially secure communications
- Website / API security
- Application integrationoDesign of off-line servicesContainerisation (docker)
- Quality assurance, and CI/CD tools
- Willingness and ability to travel in the region, and to rural areas–got to get out and see the users when COVID subsides!
- Love an ever-changing set of challenges and projects to work on–we really are growing fast and planning to change the world, so if you come onboard then buckle up, captain!